Sri Lanka, one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Sri Lanka won the world tourism award as the best adventure travel destination in 2018. Sri Lanka listed as one of the top places to visit in 2019 by Lonely Plant as well. So the tourists looking towards what this amazing country has to offer.
Here are some great reasons why you should visit Sri Lanka:
- Cultural Heritage - Historical sites and the cultural heritage of Sri Lanka have so much to offer the visitor. King Kashyapa Sigiriya rock fortress, 2-3 centuries Dambulla cave temple, Anuradhapura & Polonnaruwa royal ancient cities with giant stupas, Lord Buddha's sacred tooth relic temple in Kandy, Seetha Amman Temple in Nuwara Eliya where Sita was held by King Ravana and Galle fort which built by Portuguese and fortified by Dutch are some sites famous among the tourists. Many of them are middle of the country known as "Cultural Triangle", it's easy to visit many of them even you have very limited time. There are endless historical sites to visit.
- Nature and Wildlife - Sri Lanka is home to some of the best wildlife opportunities. Sri Lanka is the only place in the world where you can see the largest land mammal (The Elephant) & the largest ocean mammal (The Blue Whale) within the 30 minutes each other. Minneriya, Kaudulla, Udawalawe, Yala & Wilpattu are some national parks famous for wild safaris. Mirissa, Trincomalee & Kalpitiya are famous for dolphin and whale watching safaris. There is incredible wildlife to be seen all over the country.
- Beautiful Beaches - Sri Lanka got some hundreds of kilometers beautiful beaches. West coast from Negombo to Kalpitiya, South coast from Bentota to Tangalle and East coast from Nilaveli to Arugam Bay certainly no choice of incredible beaches to choose from. You can spend months on these palm-fringed gorges beaches.
- Luxury Hotels - Hotels with lush gardens, lakes on the properties, mountains on the properties, infinity pools, private beach access just think of them less than 100 dollars a night. In Sri Lanka luxury doesn't mean expensive.
- Friendly People - Sri Lankan people are some of the friendliest people in the world. They always have their smiles on their faces. They make sure you feel safe & happy during your entire journey.
- Delicious food - Sri Lanka has some of the most unique cuisines in the world. It's full of unique spices & flavors. You must try crabs curry, village jack fruit curry, chilly & spicy chicken with bread, string hoppers with darl curry, hoppers with chilly paste (Lunu Miris) and cheese kottu, these are seriously to die for. There are just endless foods to choose from.
e-Visa or Visa on arrival
|Currency used||Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)|
|Country name||Sri Lanka|